Senior Web Developer (Italian speaking)
AdVantage Media is an international media company based in Amsterdam with the focus on mobile marketing and entertainment industry. At the moment we are already active in 15 countries worldwide and expanding in other 53 countries. We're looking for a seasoned Senior Web Developer (Italian speaking) to help us do just that.
Why Senior Web Developers are important at AdVantage Media?
Senior Web Developers are responsible and comfortable for the development, architectural design and implementation of server side applications, web services and API’s. They translate requirements into a full working functional design, create (client friendly) documentation for all services and or API’s.
Senior developers assist juniors by answering technical questions and lead by example demonstrating best practice application design choices.
What do Senior Web Developers do at AdVantage Media?
You will be participating in all web related development within our IT team. This tasks can vary a lot from day to day, depending mostly on business and client requests and demands. To give you a glimpse of the tasks you may be facing, here a short list of common tasks:
- Implementing new features in one of our mobile sites or web portals;
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs reported;
- Adding or changing features in one of our custom build CMS;
- Converting static designs from our design department into web pages;
- Extending and fixing our internal RESTful API
- Help building and improving internal support web tools.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- At least 4 years of experience as a developer with server side languages;
- Understanding and experience working with the MVC, ORM and RESTful architectures;
- Solid Understanding of OOP;
- Experience with one or more PHP Frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc.);
- Good knowledge of RDBMS;
- Understanding of web security;
- Experience using a source control system (GIT, SVN);
- Communicative, accurate and pragmatic;
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- An eye for pixel-perfection;
- Good knowledge of English spoken and written.
Experience in one or more of the following techniques and software is a big plus:
- Good knowledge of at least one MVVM framework such as AngularJs, BackboneJs, ReactJS, etc.;
- Public Social API`s (Facebook, twitter, flickr, youtube, etc.);
- Experience with project deployment/build tools like Composer, Phing, Ansible;
- TDD (Test Driven Development);
- NOSQL Databases;
- Linux BASH, Linux configuration/maintenance and to be able to monitor server traffic and error logs;
- Working inside a team;
- Experience in high-traffic / big data IT projects, preferably in the advertising area;
- Knowledge of common Design patterns.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Web Accelerator and Caching mechanism;
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Bamboo);
- Unit testing (Jasmine, QUnit).
(Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated)
- Start: As soon as possible
- Availability: 40 hours per week
- Remuneration: Up to €60.000 (Based on age and experience)
- Location: Amsterdam